NaDCC at the forefront of the COVID-19 fight
Since the beginning of COVID-19 NaDCC tablets have been at the forefront of the fight.
Recognised as an essential service provider, our facilities have remained open 24/7 to produce US EPA approved effervescent disinfect and cleaning tablets for use in hospitals, healthcare centres, hotels, schools, homes, national transport facilities, aircraft, road transport etc.
The safety of our employees, the public, healthcare workers, first responders and their families are of paramount importance. We applaud frontline workers who have worked tirelessly through the pandemic; they are the heroes who asked the public to stay at home for them, so that they could continue to stay in work for us. Until a preventative can be found, together, we must continue to be vigilant, understand what COVID-19 is, how it is transmitted, follow the guidelines and stay safe.
What is it?
SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) is a respiratory illness that can spread from person to person. The virus that causes COVID-19 is a novel coronavirus that was first identified during an investigation into an outbreak in Wuhan, China.
How is it transmitted?
SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) spreads by close person-to-person contact The disease spreads primarily from person to person through small droplets from the nose or mouth, which are expelled when a person with COVID-19 coughs, sneezes, or speaks.
- People can catch COVID-19 if they breathe in droplets from a person infected with the virus.
- Droplets can land on objects and surfaces around the person such as tables, doorknobs and handrails. People can become infected by touching these objects or surfaces, then touching their eyes, nose or mouth.
What precautions can be taken?
Follow the standard precautions for avoiding respiratory viruses:
- Avoid close contact with anyone who is sick. If you are sick, stay home.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand rub (ABHR) with greater than 60% ethanol or 70% isopropanol.
- Cover your mouth and nose with your elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
What are the symptoms?
Patients with COVID-19 have had mild to severe respiratory illness with symptoms of: fever, dry cough, and tiredness. Additional symptoms such as aches and pains, nasal congestion, headache, conjunctivitis, sore throat, diarrhoea, loss of taste or smell or a rash on skin or discoloration of fingers or toes. Most people who become infected show mild symptoms. However, anyone can catch COVID-19 and become seriously ill – so be vigilant.
What is the treatment?
No medicines have yet been shown to prevent or cure the disease for COVID-19. Scientists across the world are currently working on a preventative vaccine. The most effective way to protect yourself is to:
- Clean your hands frequently and thoroughly
- Avoid touching your eyes, mouth and nose
- Cover your cough with the bend of elbow or tissue. If a tissue is used, discard it immediately and wash your hands.
- Maintain a distance of at least 1 metre from others.
How NaDCC can help:
With demonstrated effectiveness against viruses similar to SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) on hard non-porous surfaces, NaDCC tablets are designed for daily cleaning and disinfection. Ensure your infection prevention and control program includes approved cleaning and disinfection products for all “high touch” surfaces to include: toilets, phones, doorknobs, bathroom fixtures, floors, counters, tabletops, keyboards etc.